London Property Alliance has submitted a response to the Government’s Planning for the Future consultation.
You can read our response in full here, but in summary the Alliance:
- Welcomes the Government’s focus on improving the speed and responsiveness of the planning system and promoting high quality buildings and places;
- Agrees that there is significant scope to improve plan-making in particular, through regulatory simplification, whilst improving the involvement of all those who care deeply about a place, including residents, business and visitors;
- Is keen to ensure that, in a renewed planning system, the needs of other sectors of the economy, as well as housing, are taken into account;
- Is concerned that the proposed revised plan-making system may be too simplistic for complex, densely-built up, metropolitan areas where conservation, development and growth all occur;
- Considers that further detailed consideration is necessary in respect of the proposed infrastructure levy and affordable housing contributions.