Over 90 CPA and WPA members and stakeholders attended London Property Alliance’s breakfast seminar about the digital revolution underway in planning. The event began with a presentation from Peter Kemp (Head of Change and Delivery, Greater London Authority) who discussed digital planning more broadly and who we’re doing if for. Some Key take-aways included:
- Going digital, doesn’t mean things will be easier, and the greatest success will come from teamwork
- Be clear about what we are trying to achieve by using digital technology and the types of data we want to collect
- The answer is not all digital. There will always a need for human interaction and intervention. But when it comes to analysing data sets, digital can, and will help
View Peter Kemp’s presentation slides here.
This was followed by an expert panel session, which provided additional insight including:
- Planning should be an enabler of change. Digital tools can help planning data and evidence be more readily available to decision makers and the public
- Digitisation needs to be led by both the public and private sector, and a willingness to work together and collaborate
- Digital planning can help our whole industry, from planning to communications to procurement
The seminar was led by CPA NextGen, hosted by AECOM and supported by NextGen champions Gardiner & Theobald.
To join the distribution list for our NextGen communications and event invitations, send your contact details to NextGen@cwpa.org.uk